Those trying to launch the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta right now are greeted with a failed connection error message. The text accompanying it reads that the “login servers are currently undergoing maintenance.” It also gives players an error code to reference: Reason: Detrick – Guernsey. Fortunately, there’s a simple explanation as to why this message is appearing. But it’s not something you can fix just yet.
Can you fix the Modern Warfare 2 connection failed error?
There’s no fix for the current Modern Warfare 2 connection failed error because it’s not really an error. While beta codes have gone out so people can pre-load the game, the servers aren’t active yet. They’re likely being brought online but will be in maintenance mode until the open beta begins.
For reference, here are the dates and times for the Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta:
- PlayStation Early Access: September 16, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT – September 18, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT
- PlayStation-exclusive Open Beta: September 18, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT – September 22, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 22, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT – September 26, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT
- Xbox and PC Early Access: September 22, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT – September 26, 2022, 1 p.m EDT
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: September 24, 2022, 1 p.m. EDT – September 26, 2022, 1 p.m EDT
If this error occurs within one of those timeslots, the issue is likely server overload. The best fix for that is to be patient and wait for the surge of players trying to log in to subside.