Valheim is one of the newest survival games out there that takes place in a procedurally-generated world inspired by Norse mythology. It’s also an Xbox Exclusive survival and exploration game where up to 10 players can explore and thrive.
Like many other survival games, you can craft powerful weapons, construct longhouses and battle tough enemies to prove yourself to Odin. However, a lot of players have reported crashing on Worlds Load, so in this article, we’ll be going over how to fix Valheim crashing on Worlds Load.
How to Fix: Valheim Crashing on Worlds Load
Despite facing this issue, some players don’t know what exactly it is. The crashing that occurs on the world load in Valheim is a bug that doesn’t allow the game to load properly and crashes halfway before completion. This can happen when you’re trying to load into a new world or even if you’re trying to load into an existing one.
One of the most common causes of this crash is an outdated mod. Mods are usually updated regularly and if you’re playing the game with an outdated mod, chances are you’ll encounter the world load crash issue. Apart from that, having corrupted game data, outdated drivers or even Windows software issues can cause this crash.
There are certain steps you can take to fix the world load crash in Valheim and we’ve outlined them for you below:
- Verify the integrity of the game files: Head to Steam, right-click on Valheim and then select Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Update your GPU drivers: Be sure you have the latest version of your graphics card’s driver to run the game smoothly.
- Disable third-party apps: Some applications can interfere with the game and cause it to crash. So check your Task Manager for any running app that’s occupying too much space and end them. You can also try disabling or uninstalling any third-party applications running in the background while playing Valheim.
- Check Windows Software: Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date and running the latest software.
- Change Steam options: Changing some of the Steam options can also help. Go to Steam > Settings > Download and select “Allow downloads during gameplay.”
- Repair the Steam Client: Go to Steam, right-click on Valheim and then select Properties > Local Files > Repair.
So these are the fixes we have for you on the world load crashing in Valheim. We hope you’ve found them helping and that at least one was able to help fix the problem for you. Happy Gaming!